How to play Orkis
As in TetriNet, you play Orkis like a regular tetris game but with a twist. As you clear lines you will be adding new ones to your opponents if you clear more than one at a time. Also clearing multiple lines will turn some blocks into special items that you can collect by clearing them. These items an be used by targetting your own field or your opponent's.
Collecting items is done by clearing lines that contain them. The amount of items collected depends on the lines cleared. If you clear two lines and there's one item you will get two of them, clearing three will get you three and so on. Here's the list of available items and their effects:
- A - ADD LINE: adds a line to the bottom of the target field.
- C - CLEAR LINE: clears a line at the bottom of the target field.
- S - SWITCH FIELD: switches your field with target opponent's.
- G - GRAVITY: pushes blocks on target field downwards, filling all gaps and clearing all complete lines afterwards.
- E - EARTHQUAKE: shifts blocks on target field.
- N - NUKE FIELD: clears target field.
- B - CLEAR SPECIAL BLOCKS: converts all special blocks on target field to regular blocks.
- O - BOMB: causes all BOMB blocks on target field to "explode".
- R - RANDOM BLOCKS CLEAR: clears random blocks on target field, with the chance of creating gaps.
- D - DARKNESS: causes target field to go totally dark for three seconds.
- Q, W, UP ARROW: rotate.
- LEFT, RIGHT ARROWS: move sideways.
- DOWN ARROW: move piece down.
- SPACE BAR: drop piece.
- 1 - 6: target x field.
- D: discard special item.
- C: enable chat field.
- ESC: leave chat field.